Due to the pandemic, a record number of people are doing their holiday shopping online. This means more packages are being delivered to your front porch! The holiday season brings the highest risk of having a package stolen from your doorstep. However, there are ways you can protect your packages from pirates:
• Be diligent in tracking your packages. Know when your packages will arrive.
• Have your packages delivered to a locker. Shippers like Amazon have several options available.
• You can elect to have your packages held with the carrier—whether it is the US Postal Service, Fed Ex or UPS.
• Request a signature for your packages.
• Invest in a security device (like Ring) that records motion and will send notices to your cell phone every time someone comes to the front door.
• Have packages delivered to your place of business.
• Ask a trusted neighbor to hold deliveries for you.