Notice to Applicants of Proposed Building Code Adoption: The City Council of the City of Dacono will hold a Public Hearing at 6:00 p.m., Monday, August 28, 2017, at the Dacono City Hall, 512 Cherry Street, Dacono, Colorado 80514. The purpose of the hearing will be to consider adoption of an ordinance to adopt by reference the National Electrical Code, 2017 Edition, published by the National Fire Protection Association, 1 Batterymarch Park, Quincy, Massachusetts 02169.
Adoption of the 2017 NEC may require updates to master plans currently on file with the City of Dacono. In order to prevent any delay in permitting, we recommend that all building permits applications submitted after September 1, 2017 be compliant with the 2017 NEC.
The City of Dacono currently follows the 2014 National Electrical Code (NEC), which was adopted by Ordinance 801 in October 2015. Effective July 1, 2017, the 2017 National Electrical Code is the adopted code used by the State of Colorado.
The City of Dacono has adopted following building codes:
- International Building Code, 2012 Edition with amendments
- International Residential Code, 2012 Edition with amendments
- International Mechanical Code, 2012 Edition
- International Plumbing Code, 2012 Edition
- International Property Maintenance Code, 2012 Edition
- International Existing Building Code, 2012 Edition
- International Fuel Gas Code, 2012 Edition
- National Electric Code, 2014 Edition
- International Energy Conservation Code, 2009 Edition
- International Fire Code, 2012 Edition with amendments