Comprehensive Plan UpdateThe Planning & Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing on the Comprehensive Plan Update on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. The City Council will hold a public hearing on Monday, January 23, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
Land Use Planning
The City of Dacono Comprehensive Plan guides decisions related to development. It encompasses areas within the city as well as areas that could annex into the city in the future. The future Land Use Map is a visual reference for public agencies or private individuals seeking information about land development objectives of the city. Amendments to the Comprehensive Plan are reviewed by the Planning and Zoning Commission.
The City has adopted the following land use, planning and transportation documents:
- City of Dacono Comprehensive Land Use Plan, prepared by Winston Associates (Resolution 04-39).
- City of Dacono Transportation Plan, prepared by Felsburg, Holt & Ullevig, (Resolution 03-29).
- City of Dacono Water Master Plan, prepared by Clear Water Solutions, Inc. (Resolution 07-48).
- City of Dacono Parks, Trails and Outdoor Recreation Master Plan, prepared by Civil Resources, LLC, (Resolution 08-24).
- City of Dacono 2011 Water Conservation Plan, prepared by Clear Water Solutions (Resolution 11-43).
- City of Dacono Potable Water Master Plan, prepared by Frachetti Engineering (Resolution 14-08).
- City of Dacono Field Inventory, Regional Transportation and Drainage Impact Fees Analysis, prepared by Tait & Associates
Planning Area Boundary
The area outside Dacono city limits is under the jurisdiction of Weld County. The planning area is the area of potential annexation and growth of the city. Dacono's planning area is about 22 square miles (14,080 acres), bounded by State Highway 52 on the north, Weld County Road 21 on the east, Weld County Road 6 on the south, and Interstate 25 on the west.